Hi! Where am I?

Willamette Towers

View the printable and official published version of these minutes.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - WT Office/Lounge

Board Members Present: Tyler Burgess, Chair; Rick Lowen, Treasurer; Marcy Beard, Member; David Ghelfi, Member

IPMG: Casey Conley

Others Present: Elena Rae, Douglas Beauchamp, Sheila Decker, and Laura Romeyn, minutes recorder.

Comments from Members

No comments were offered.

Approval of Minutes

May’s meeting minutes were approved contingent on one change.


IPMG items presented by Casey:

  • The Board and IPMG have discussed recent incident reports and taken action as necessary.
  • Details of the parking structure resurfacing were discussed and are noted in Old Business below.
  • All owners of lockers that were thought to be damaged in a recent vandalism incident have been contacted and given a report number assigned by Eugene police.
  • The Board approved expenditures for an entry-tracking system that will be integrated with the front door number pad. The $250 expenditure will cover purchase, installation, and training.
  • Casey brought up the topic of the garden and grounds renovations ; the Board approved front and side area renovations; Rick said the Architect Committee will discuss and give direction to these and to north garden, as well; Tyler will mark plants to be removed.
  • Miscellaneous items included the repainting of the north door being delayed due to the recent climate, and a new rug that has been ordered for the back entrance.
  • Casey informed the Board that she is leaving the WT office duty as soon as a replacement can be hired. She is transferring to the IPMG office. Casey will continue to attend the Board meetings and will be involved as an off- site property manager.


Rick asked the Board’s opinion regarding shopping for higher CD rates than we are currently receiving as some of our CDs are maturing. It was jointly decided that keeping all the funds at the same institution is the best course, and that the CDs will be bought in short terms with some laddering considering the current economy.

Tyler had two questions about figures in recent expenditure statements; both questions were resolved, and the report was accepted.

Grounds/Security Committee

As a follow-up to her grounds walk-around report given last month, Tyler noted items for cleanup; in particular some boxes in the parking area and the carpet stain on the third floor. Brothers will be asked to work on this.

The window cleaning needs to be rescheduled due to weather.

Architectural Committee

The committee fine-tuned Door Guidelines which will be used to inform influence future policy regarding front doors of units. decisions and influence future policy regarding front doors of units.

Lobby remodel project: Marcy submitted a proposal to take on responsibility for overseeing the planning as director of project design. She would be paid for this position which would include submitting sketches, researching materials and bids, and presentation of all relevant information to the Board.

The committee will continue to research affordable options for new signage.

Old Business

The security camera purchase has been upgraded to eight cameras and is due to arrive the week of June 21.

Doug of Chambers Construction, IPMG, and representatives of the Board will have a preconstruction conference regarding contract particulars to resurface the upper parking lot. Parking will be unavailable for as much as six weeks or more. We will work with the City to ease difficulties this will pose for on-street parking, noting especially those who have trouble walking far distances. Spots in the lower lot may be available temporarily. Rick suggested a letter be sent to all affected.

David noted that Mia Bella also has spots on the upper lot. Casey is the contact on this project which is due to begin August I. ‘

New Business

The idea of a September ice cream party to celebrate the completion of the parking lot project was brought up.