Willamette Towers HOA Board of Directors Annual Board Meeting
Tuesday, 24 February, 2015 - 7:00 PM, Willamette Towers Office
Board Members Present: Dan Solitz, Chair; Rick Lowen, Treasurer; Jean Kern, Secretary
BMC: Diane Sollinger
Present: 26 Owners
Calling of the roll and certifying of proxies
29 certified proxies and 26 owners present
Proof of notice of meeting or waiver of notice: met
Reading of minutes of preceding 2014 annual meeting
Dan Hardt’s motion to approve the 2014 annual meeting minutes was seconded by Jean Kern and approved by the Board.
Outgoing Chair Dan Solitz listed:
- installing new, high efficiency gas boilers creating substantial, future savings
- potable water system improvements including the ability to work with stacks rather than having to shut down entire building each time a water related problem needed remediation.
- parking garage - upper surface is identified as a next big project for undertaking
- the storm water drain system needs work
- window monitoring needs to continue: 2 windows almost fell out this past year: the next window inspection is due to start again this coming July.
- both OTIS elevators were replaced this past year, requiring a major upgrade from cable to bands mechanisms. The servicing on the new elevators/ systems will be substantially less expensive than what we were paying with the cable operated cars.
- challenging next several years will continue
Financial Report: Rick Lowen gave the following financial report.
John Rose gave a Committee Report .
Election of Directors:
Two 2-year positions and one 1-year position
By an overwhelming majority, Jeff Ryder, Luther Greulich and Paula Rogers were elected to the WT HOA BOD Board.
Jean Kern will serve another year as secretary.
With Rick Lowen retiring, Dan Hardt offered to have his CPA, who is managing his office, assist with the Treasurer?s duties. Jeff Ryder stated his desire to be Chair.
Open Discussion: Earthquake Insurance: Phyllis Fisher gave an excellent presentation but the Secretary missed it because she was tasked with certifying and counting ballots.
Adjourn: 8:33 PM