Hi! Where am I?

Willamette Towers

View the printable and official published version of these minutes.

Willamette Towers Board Of Directors Meeting

Tuesday, May 29th, 2018, 4:00pm

Board Members: Lauren Dame, Rick Lowen, Jean Kern, Clyde Horn, Jesse Fittipaldi

BMC Personnel: Diane Sollinger, Tom Weaverling

Owners: Esther Konop, Bill Bomball, Barb Bomball, Phyllis Fisher

Agenda for meeting

amended and approved unanimously.


Minutes from March meeting

approved with correction unanimously.

Treasurer

Operating Funds

  • April opening balance $2,119.15 - closing balance $11,407.46 

  • April total operating income $31,053.14 - operating expense $21,777.83.
  • $25,000 transferred from reserves to cover 2nd payment for plumbing project. 

  • No funds were transferred to reserves in April in anticipation of additional plumbing project payment in May 


Reserves 


  • April opening Balance $187,347.74 - closing balance $162,710.10 

  • Withdrawal of $25,000 for plumbing project expense 

  • $30k CD came due - rolled to 1 yr CD @ 2.15% matures 4-26/19 - additional $30k invested in CD @ 1.75% matures 7-25-18. 


Committee Reports –


Emergency Preparedness:

The FAQ project is under final review by the Board. A systematic review and modification process needs to be developed too. 


MMRC:

Walk thru was done with Tom, and maintenance planned.

The current checklist of monthly quarterly/yearly items to check will be reviewed and compared with our Current Reserve Study.

A meeting to discuss the list will be planned and notice will be given. 


Smoking:

There was a problem reported with smoke contamination of interior air in a unit. After numerous reports citing times and dates of occurrences, a committee was formed to track down and eliminate the source of the pollution.

2 offenders were detected, warned, & fined.

One offender requested a meeting to get more information about the methods and penalties assessments.

Both offenders have paid their fines. Monitoring of the air quality will continue. 


BMC Report –

Laundry:

Coinmeter company did not have any ADA machines to install so that will have to be worked out. Lauren will speak with Jeanne-Marie about her recommendations/needs.

Jean suggested that a template that indicates where each button is and what it does can be created for Jean-Marie to use.

Window washing:

tentatively scheduled to start July 7 and will take about 2 weeks to complete. The contractor has worked out an updated insurance policy that totally eliminates WT liability in case of accident or damage.

Bylaw change vote

Not enough ballots have been received yet to have a valid vote. A SASE will be included with the next round of vote solicitations. Clyde moved to extend the ballot due date by one month and ask Diane to send reminders to all owners who have not yet voted.

Seconded by Rick – passed unanimously.

Wet Wipes:

are incompatible with the city sewage processing systems. BMC will send email or hand delivered note to all owners about this along with a recommendation that owners not flush these down the drain even though the product states that it is “flushable.”

Owner’s Forum –

no input.

Old Business –

Plumbing Project:

Tom reports that the project is completed and all responses have been good.

There was a Time and Materials cost overrun of ~$5700 which will be paid out of our yearly operations budget for plumbing work. The cost was paid since the work was in addition to the work the project covered. ~$4800 remains in Reserves for any new work.

New Business –

The HOA-owned unit:

Currently WT doesn’t require tenants to carry personal Renter’s insurance covering their personal loss or damages caused by them.

The current lease is up in October and all new leases will require this coverage [average cost is ~$20/mo.]

Diane will check the leases signed by the commercial renters to determine what coverage they are required to carry.

Door Policy:

There is a passage in the bylaws that requires owners to not make any changes in the external appearance of their units yet there are several doors which are widely different in appearance.

There is no current “Policy” which specifies the approved appearance of the doors.

Per bylaws, all modifications have to be approved by the Board PRIOR to their installation.

1105 reimbursement:

The 1105 unit suffered water invasion after a leak in the 12th floor Janitor’s closet.

Clyde moved to reimburse the owner the cost to pull back the carpet, replace the wet padding and dry out the carpet.

Rick 2nd - Passed unanimously.

1103 reimbursement:

Moved by Rick to table this until we get information on whether the filters were installed or not. Clyde 2nd. - Passed unanimously.

Next meetings of the board

will be a PLANNING Meeting Tuesday, June 19th 4:00 P.M.

REGULAR Meeting

Tuesday, June 26th 4:00 P.M.

Adjourned at 5:53 PM.